All Applications should be mailed to Department Headquarters
The Clinton Heights Fire Department is actively seeking local men and women who want to serve their community. Below is a description of the process needed to become one of our members, benefits of becoming a member and some background information about our department.
The Clinton Heights Fire Department is made up 2 stations; Bruen Hose Company (Station 1) which houses the departments Truck Company and Rescue Company and Community Hose Company (Station 2) which houses the departments 3 engine Companies. Currently we have over 50 active members. Clinton Heights is a fire district in the Town of East Greenbush and has a district of approximately 3.5 square miles with an estimated 10,000 residents, employees and visitors. Our district also includes numerous businesses including SUNY Albany East Campus, Albany Molecular, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Fuji Film, Computer Science Corporation, Mabey’s Moving & Storage and many other local establishments.
|BRUEN HOSE COMPANY||DEPARTMENT HEADQUARTERS||COMMUNITY HOSE COMPANY|
|207 Columbia Turnpike||P.O. BOX 332||65 Sherwood Avenue|
|Rensselaer, NY 12144||Rensselaer, NY 12144||Rensselaer, NY 12144|
|(518) 477-9982||(518) 465-3990||(518) 462-2922|
Although you are a member of the Fire Company your altogether a member of the department. All the equipment necessary for you to perform your duties are maintained and provided to you free of charge along with your necessary training courses.
*NOTE* - WHILE ATTENDING ANY ACTIVITY OR FUNCTION WITH THE DEPARTMENT YOU WILL HAVE COMPLETE INSURANCE
TO BECOME A MEMBER:
- Applicants must be at least 17 years of age. (Applicants under 18 years of age must have parental consent)
- Good moral character.
- Must reside within the Clinton Heights Fire District or an immediate adjourning district.
- Complete and pass a full physical examination provided by the department free of charge.
Upon submission of the application for the company of your choosing, you will be instructed to return on the first Tuesday of the month, where you will be interviewed by the membership committee. The applicant will then be voted on by the company for membership. Once approved by the company the applicant will return on the first Thursday of the month to be voted on by the Board of Fire Commissioners where they will review your application and the arson check form. Once approved by the commissioners you will be given a date for your physical and placed under probationary status for a period of one year. All members MUST complete Firefighter I before obtaining interior status, and members under the age of 18 will not obtain interior status until their 18th birthday.
- Yearly physical exam provided by the department free of charge with active status.
- TRAINING - Large variety of training provided free of charge by The Office of Fire Prevention and Control.
- PARADES - Member will be provided with a full dress uniform and given the opportunity to march with the department in several parades throughout the year.
- OTHER EVENTS – Given the opportunity to enjoy activities such as; department picnics, installation dinners, Christmas parties, steak & clam dinners and other exciting events.
- Join the Clinton Heights Softball team, provided with jersey and hat.
- These are just some of the benefits you receive as a member and it is important to note that you can choose to participate in all of these events or none at all, everyone is different, but we feel that these activities help to maintain a happy and healthy environment within the organization.
LOSAP stands for Length of Service Award Program, designed to reward the volunteer for service to the community and acts as a supplemental retirement plan. Below is a quick description.
- Each member MUST accumulate a minimum of 50 points to receive LOSAP credit for one year of service.
- Every member has an account in which the yearly amount will be deposited.
- Once the member reaches the entitlement age of 60, he will receive a check for his years of service.
- Even if the member does not stay active within the department, any years of credit will still be paid out.
Any questions or comments email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Clinton Heights Fire Department Yearly Losap Point Distribution